Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

CHRISTMAS CRAFT # 7, 8 & 9

It has been a productive morning, we have 3 Crafts done!

Reindeer Games
I made a hat for my 2 year old niece who has been fighting cancer . She had surgery a few days after her birthday a few weeks ago to remove the rest of her tumors, and her hair is just starting to come back, so I thought a warm hat was a good idea. I got the idea here. I think it turned out well. I made a few changes. For one instead of spending $10 a meter on brown fleece at the fabric store I bought a $2 brown fleece scarf from the dollar store. I doubled the fleece on the hat and made the cuff a separate piece that I did not double. Also I used googly eyes.

In other Reindeer Games
Runner made (with my assistance), a reindeer decoration out of gloves (again from the dollar store). I bought chenille ones and like the result. That idea came from this site. It takes a very minimal amount of sewing, just pulling the needle through the middle a few times and tying a knot. I didn't see any faux fur for the hair so I replaced with a fabric bow attached with a glue gun. Also I used a red pom pom for the nose and googly eyes.

Cookies Mix Christmas Balls!
We have all seen cookie mix given in mason jars with a festive touch. I didn't get the idea from any particular website or person I have seen them often in the last few years as I am sure we all have. But for a change of pace I but the mix in clear Christmas balls from Micheal's, just like my Snowman Soup Balls. (found here at Christmas Craft #6) I used the Chipits Chocolate chip recipe my dad always used except I used white chipits and crasins for a more festive look. I will be making tag with directions for adding the wet ingredients and baking. One batch made four balls, so they will be given as a set. Sunny Not helped with this one. I had a good time doing this with her as she doesn't often get into doing crafts, and misses most of them due to going to PS.

No comments:

Post a Comment