Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MY TOP TEN PICK FOR THIS YEARS CHRISTMAS BAKING


Top Ten Tuesday
This week is my list of ten Christmas Recipes. I have decided to chose ten, and stick to it. Last year I just baked randomly, this year I plan to be more organized. So when I am done I will be going over the recipes myself to make a grocery list for Aunty Claus. Also this list should help be stick to my plan, plus how convenient it will be for me to have the recipes all together. So this list is as much for me as for others, enjoy and remember your insulin! :)

1. Sugar Cookies - recipe
It just wouldn't be Christmas without some festive sugar cookies. I like to use my Christmas cookie cutters for these or my Christmas cookie pan (which has more detail)

2. Peppermint Marshmallows - recipe
discovered these in a Betty Crocker cookbook last winter (love Betty Crocker recipes). They were a hit amoungst the kids and myself. Get good food colouring though, mine turned out purple and green last year.

3. Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes - recipe
I love red velvet cake, i made my first ones this year for ko-Ko's bday so when I saw this recipe, I knew it was making this years cut...just look at them. I hope mine look as nice when done, I will of course post when I do these.

4. Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread
Recipe: Heat oven to 325 F. grease 2 (9 inch) glass pie plates. In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 4 oz melted bittersweet chocolate, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, with electric mixer on medium until light & fluffy. On low speed, beat i 2 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup cocoa , 1/2 tsp baking powder & 1/2 cup of milk. Divide dough in half and press into pie plates evenly. Bake 22 - 24 minutes, or until edges pull away from sides of pie plates. Cool in plates. Cut each round into wedges carefully. Do not remove from pie plates. In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup icing sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) until glaze is smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Break up and or smash candy canes. Drizzle chocolate glaze over shortbread. Then sprinkle candy cane bits over top.

*I made a few changes this year and have edited accordingly because it is very crumbly.
**next year I think I will try 1/4 milk and 1 1/2 cups of butter. It is better but still a little crumbly

This was great, I love shortbread and going chocolate with it was wonderful.

5. Spritz Cookies (orange or eggnog) - recipe
I bought a cookie pres this year and have been experimenting with it, it is tricky to get just the right amount, anyway love these cookies and for Christmas orange and eggnog go just right. To turn this recipe to eggnog, use eggnog instead of orange juice. do not use orange zest but add in a teaspoon (or two) of nutmeg.

6. Christmas Bark - recipe
I made this last year. It is Amazing! It has everything Christmas needs, orange, crazins and pistachio! It looks and tastes festive!.

7. Cheese Filled Gingerbread Bunt Cake - recipe
I found this recipe searching the internet for a gingerbread bunt cake reciepe, and I LOVE CHEESE! So I think it will be a match made in paradise. My parents are gifting me a wreath shaped bunt pan as an early gift, so I will be using that for this treat. I can hardly wait!

8. Christmas Bread Wreath - recipe
Ready to come off that sugar high? This is my plan for Christmas morning. How will I find time you ask? Easy, I am a kid at Christmas and have not slept Christmas eve since I was a child, try as I might I just fail. So I plan to make this in the morning before DH and his twin brother take over the kitchen for supper.

9. Festive Spiced Apple Rolls - recipe
Sweet but not too sweet. I love these and they are festive. I have not made them before but remembered Grandma making them so when I found the recipe (again thanks to Betty C!) I was thrilled. I hope the kids like them as much as I do.

10. Sugar Plum Bunch Ring - recipe
My plan is too make this for Christmas Eve. Why? Cuz it's called Sugar Plum, yep that's the reason. I saw this recipe and had visions of sugar plums dance in my head. I have never known what a sugar plum was (I should google it when I am done here)but I love the poem "Twas The Night Before Christmas" so this recipe won my final spot for this years list



No comments:

Post a Comment