Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

9 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS

A WORD FROM INA

Well it is getting close. I am done my shopping (hubby was last...to hard to shop for). The gifts will soon be under the tree. Wondering how big a pile? Then ya got the wrong house. Our children receive 2 gifts from us and 1 from Santa, plus some little things and batteries in their stockings. I don't spend a whole lot wither. I have a budget and if their hearts desire exceeds that then they can choose that as their one and only gift. Sunny Not often does. In our house it's a few things you most want. It does not take long to open the gifts, the little ones do not have a melt down due to being overwhelmed and the afternoon can be spent doing family activities: board games, puzzles, cookie making, ginger bread house decorating, sledding, fort building or skating, and if we are really lucky (snow wise) a good game of fox and goose. But that day will come soon (9 days actually). So on to the last few days.

Well this year we decided to have a tree full of edible ornaments. We have of course candy canes. But also ribbon candy, gummy rings, chocolate bells and ginger bread. We are still working on gummy bear and popcorn garlands. I made a candy wreath (we will be making more with the kids now that I found the easy way to do it). I expect we will all have our winter layer of fat on by the time our tree is undecorated and ready to take down...or the baby will. He has discovered the decorations are edible. He doesn't get waiting for christmas day.

We also took Indy to see Santa at the mall. I don't know what I was thinking. i have learned that the best pics with Santa happen around age 4 when risk of crying on the strangers lap is all over. But I did. I dragged the three youngest on the bus, bundled up to the mall. Took off all the winter gear. Found Dad's gift and stood in line for Santa. Ko-Ko (being 9) held our place in line while I got us smoothies. Yep I got big smoothies while we stood in line. Amazingly only I was dancing by the end. We pointed out Santa to Indy, got him excited as we watched toddlers and babies one by one scream and cry on the old guys lap. When it was our turn Indy ran up to Santa and said "Hi". Santa asked if he could pick him up and Indy just stood there while he did...still no tears. Santa talked with him and he was just thrilled. even though the only other words he said were "yup" and "bye" (he is not a big talker). I could have chosen a picture of him smiling at the camera but the one of him smiling at Santa was a better reminder of the day. I gotta say I was some proud that I had the baby that didn't cry.

KO-KO'S ESSAY "Indy meets Great Great Great Great Uncle Santa"

Runner, Mom, and I took Indy to the mall to see Santa, except the real one is in the North Pole....unless he moved to Hawaii. Indy was happy and excited waiting in line. Some of the babies were screaming, other kids were excited while they were waiting. We got to have smoothies to drink. They were really good. We had banana and Strawberry except Indy had blueberry banana because he is allergic to strawberries. Indy's smoothie made his face all messy from the blueberry and Mom had to clean it up with her sweater, good thing it was black. Indy he was trying to crawl through the fence and then we got him playing with the fake snow which was covered in glitter. That was fun and Runner and I put the glitter all over each other. Indy saw us doing that and so he did it too. My mom yelled at us for making a mess and doing something all the little kids might try to do but they didn't...except Indy. Mom had to keep trying to get the glitter out of his hair.

When there was just one girl in front of us Indy played with the hand sanitizer, because I taught him how to use it. Then when it was our turn Indy ran up to Santa and Santa put Indy on his lap. Indy loved sitting on his lap and talking to Santa. Santa also talked to Runner and I. Then he gave us each a bag with activities and we left and got our picture of Indy and Santa. It was a good trip.

1 comment:

  1. Great Essay Ko-Ko. You are a funny story teller : ) Your baby brother is getting sooo big. The picture with Santa came out wonderful!! I love your edible Christmas tree, and if I was home for Christmas...chompchompchomp...Luv Tracy

    ReplyDelete