Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

FIRST SNOW!

INA'S INTRO:
So apparently there was snow a few days ago but it had melted before we got up, so this is our first snow. Since we took our regular school morning preparing for winter and outside I decided that the day's lesson would be spent (when we got back) on a writing assignment and on going over how to write a good paper. (capitals, punctuation, what, when , where, why, how, and adding what you were feeling). everyone started with a point form outline to help guide them. There short essay's are below. Each different account is interesting all together as they relate the same things from completely different points of view, while other things they describe similarly. You will find it is the youngest (7 yr old Runner) who is most descriptive.

SW; THE BRAVE'S ESSAY

When I was waking up I woke up my baby brother because it was snowing. 15 minutes later everyone woke up. The snow was light and melted as it hit the ground. My Mom decided that we should do the winter clean up and it was boring. Then the snow got heavier and hit the ground without melting. So we finished up the winter cleaning. Then Ko-Ko and I went to get a sled but we found only one, the rest were at my grandparents. We got on our new snowsuits and headed to the park. My Mom and my brother (Runner) stayed behind because my brother wasn't ready yet. The baby, Ko-Ko and I started to the park. Then the snow started to melt so we rushed there. Runner and Mom caught up. When we got there the snow was gone but Ko-Ko and I tried to toboggan down the hill because it was at least slushy. It didn't work. So I got off and Mom pushed Ko-Ko 1 cm. We started to go home but Ko-Ko started to slide on the slide at the climber. Runner got the toboggan and went sledding down the slide. Then we all did that. Later we went home and had out picture taken . Next we took off our snow suits.
The end.

KO-KO'
S ESSAY

I was sleeping in but SW; The Brave came to wake me up. I do not like being woken up. I came up stairs and I was doing part of my book when I looked out the window and saw the snow. I felt happy because it was snowing, I had written down the other day that it would snow. Then my Mom came down stairs. Mom made us clean and organize the fall stuf. We went down stairs and got our winter stuff. The snow was light when I got up but it got heavier when we were organizing. Mom let us go outside. We got our winter stuff on. I looked beautiful in my new snow suit. Me and SW; The Brave went downstairs and got the sled. It was the only one because the rest is at Grandma's and Grandpa's. Then we went outside. Runner and Mom got left behind because Runner was holding us up. When we were going to the park the snow was melting. Then we got to the park and tried to go down the hill. It didn't work. Then I went to the climber. I thought we could go to the climber because I didn't hear Mom say we had to go home. Runner told Mo we could sled on the slide but I found it was faster without the sled. The slide went super fast and we were screaming at first. The slide was slushy which made us go faster. After that SW; The brave and Runner were using the sleigh but I didn't want to. Then we went home. When we got home we took a picture. Ther was a tiny bit of ice for our picture. It was a good first snow.

RUNNER'S ESSAY

Hi, my name is Runner. I was lazing around eating my breakfast as a light snow came. Because it was snowing Mom decided to put away the fall stuff and get out the winter stuff. It ws really boring. I wanted to be playing in the snow but my Mother was wasting our time. While my Mother was wasting our time the snow got heavier and heavier. I thought there was a blizzard on the way! I was excited. When we were done putting stuff away we got on our winter stuff. We got out our sled. The rest of our sleds are being stored at Grandpa's and grandma's. I was left behind. The only nice person to help me was Mom. We ran and caught up. We tried to push SW; The Brave and Ko-Ko down the hill. They did not slide a teeny bit because the snow was melting. So the SW; The Brave got off and my Mother pushed Ko-Ko maybe 2 feet and then ko-Ko stopped. Then Mom pushed Ko-Ko another 2 feet. and she did not slide. Then my Mother said "OK we are going home". Then I said "Give me the sled". I ran over to the slide. I got onto the toboggan and sledded down the slippery slide. We all took turns going on the toboggan down the slide. Then we went home. When we were walking home we stopped in the front yard and Mom took our picture three times. It was the best first snow ever.

FINAL WORDS BY INA: If I had decided to stop organizing as soon as the snow started to get heavier and accumulate on the ground, we would have succeed in sledding. The park we all rushed to is just at the end of our short street. We could have finished organizing later. I regret this decision. It is nice to know that the kids don't blame me (even though I did) and that they all still enjoyed the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Look at those Kids!! They're so big. What a fantastic shot!!

    ReplyDelete