Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last Snow?

I was once told that the snow or storm after St Patricks day was called Sheila's Brush. Since then I have always waited fir her snow every year, relieved that we would have spring at last. Before writing this blog today I thought I would research this weather tale. Turns out it comes from Newfoundland. Makes sense since this friend was a Newfie but the tale seems to have held pretty true here too in Ontario, at least from what I can remember.



It is said that Sheila was the wife (maybe Mom or sister) of St Patrick. Each year after his day she sweeps away winter with her brush, giving us that last snow. Hopefully today's snow was that brush. The weather network has us scheduled fir one more snow. Perhaps this snow was nit enough today. I however am holding onto my Dad's weather tale that little boys who lie grow up to be weathermen.

The above picture was taken out my window at the start if today's snow. The picture below us one I took yesterday.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment