Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE COUSINS


Well the cousins came down today for the night. They were excited that we don't have snow so they brought their bikes and biked round and round the cul de sac. Cousin Princess just turned 7 and Cousin Little Miss will be 4 on the 1st of spring. Their Mama is a country (north of 7, which is very country) girl and a little scared sending her girls to the city with just Dad and Aunty so rules rules rules. No going to the park (across the street from our cul de sac) with out an adult...not even with SW (age 11) or Sunny Not (age 13, 14 next month). *sigh* at least we talked her into the yard and cul de sac. So they played on the trampoline (so much safer then crossing the street...lol) and rode round and round. When bored we all went to the park. i got some good pics. I will only post the pics of my kids to be fair. It is turning out to be a nice spring break...it actually feels like spring :)


ON OTHER THINGS
SW is being sullen. I don't now what is bothering him but his sullenness became disobedience which has landed him on my but monkey list (he/she who runs little errands as needed, mostly laundry, all day). So that produced more sullenness, but wisely compliant. I dread the thought it may be hormones...arr...why do they have to become teens? Sunny Not hit the puberty hormones early and came out of it as she hit teen carelessness. So the sullenness is over but the not filling me in on not coming home to go to a friends after eating dinner out with the girls, cuz she was going to call later or the don't mentioning that she is heading one rez over at the powwow cuz she thought she would be back before I realized she was gone...yep teens are fun. So I have decided there is teen behavior and hormone behavior.

Teen behaviour is irresponsible, As they test their expanding independence they make some poor choices...if they learn fast then we will be less stressed. Now Sunny Not goes between my house and her Dad's and we parent different so I am waiting to see if teaching independence early on makes a difference in the other kids when they hit this stage...I'll know in 2 yrs, since the first 4 are all 2 yrs apart.

Puberty is the emotional swing. Sullen, angry, temperamental. All that fun stuff. And as Moms we had reminders of how hormones mess with ya while we were pregnant with our sullen little sweethearts....for me that last time was just a few years ago...so (in about ten years) I will probably have my last emotional mess of a child in puberty when my oldest is an emotional pregnant mess....I planned that well didn't I. Well at least I am not in this alone. I do wish however we had more kids his age in our homeschool group. We have one or two but we haven't met them...I should perhaps try to arrange a big kid event...maybe this will help if he has someone to be an emotional mess with?

No comments:

Post a Comment