Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

JUST A DAY (SCHOOL & SEWING)

It wasn't a day with a special activity, or a field trip or a remarkable break through. It was however a calm day. YEAH! every mom loves a calm day. And when you are a Mom to a child who is ADD you love them even more. They kinda make you feel like it was all a dream. Not to say Ko-ko was angelic like all day (she wasn't), but it was calm. I do have to give the boys some credit for this cuz part of the calm was them not reacting to Ko-ko, and part of it was her.

We almost started school on time but as we neared our start time Runner shifted gears and returned to his usual speed...the speed of dark (opposite the speed of light). But we did get going close to that time.

We got through math in a decent time. Runner worked on his review (test of half of the math curriculum). Ko-Ko divided pie and brownies and finally through the magic of desert (yes even hypothetical desert) she finally understands dividing and as she filled out the long division question based on the pie and brownies she was dividing amongst family it all clicked. Why I didn't start division off this way? I don't know. SW got a bit of a break today and did some math games. I gave him the job of finding a math game that was based on liquid measurement. He did. He did not look challenged but everyone needs an easy learning game at times. They stick in your head better anyway.

In English all read. They had to tell the rest of us what they read about. Next Ko-Ko and Runner wrote about what they would do if they were in the story. Ko-Ko (cat in the hat) would love to have the cat in the hat come while we were away. Her account was funny. Runner (A promise is a promise) would not worry about the Quallupilluit . And he would not promise to bring his siblings, he would kick where it counts. Ah boys are so cocky. SW was to write about how he would feel if he was Percy Jackson when Percy is first at camp halfblood and he explodes the water from all the pluming in the washroom at Clarisse and her friends. At first he wrote "I'd be pshyched!" Yeah...that doesn't cut it, not in grade 6. Guess what he is doing while I type this. We reviewed our multiplication question of the day. That is going well. Tracking is going well and language we are working at. Remembering what we learn here seems tricky for us. Funny they are shy about it in front of their own siblings.

After there was playing outside and inside and I baked a cake. Indy likes helping. He likes to pour things into the mix bowl. I'd love to get a pic but my fingers are always sticky when baking. I should think ahead and have the kids do the pics.

I sew powwow regalia that I sell on line at Beth's Powwow Threads. Those of us who dance at powwow have different style of regalia and many styles are made out of material.. At one time wool, then cotton and now satin too. And applique work is popular for us (we are not all beads and feathers). The regalia I am working on is simple but I think that is what makes it striking. The one for the twin sister will be much more involved. I just love sewing though. The best part about selling regalia is that I can keep sewing. If I had the money I would just sew regalia for my kids all year long, they would have tons. I don't get why more people don't sew. For me it is relaxing. I am teaching ko-Ko a bit but want to teach them all. I would like to create a unit study on it. I am going to try and figure out how to publish it in PDF so I can print it up nice for each kid. I like when things look nice. I am very visual. The day ended with Ko-ko voluntarily looking at a book. YEAH!

Oh and the chip board in the pics is my husbands almost finished (got an hour left of it ) project...good example for the kids eh? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment