Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

RIGHT WING INDIAN?


So I was asked (in conversation), "do you think your a right wing Native homeschooler?...and not for the first time.

I thought about this. Right wing christians (where the term is usually applied) are not just very conservative in their religion, it is more, often political.

We are traditional in our beliefs, follow some of the teachings more strictly then some others. And politicall? Yep I am a bit of a zealot in my political beliefs. (I hear my friend T, laughing at the wrords "a bit"). I am not alone, especially in this house.

if conservative in beliefs (regardles of which beliefs) and hard core about your political views defines right wing then perhaps I am...wonder what the dictionary (or web version) says.

Noun

WordNet home page

Yeah, sort of. Some change is good, others not so much. I am a right wing McDonalds eater though...I never change my order, same thing every time.

OK So maybe I am. Wierd to think about my views that way. Maybe that is why I get right wing christian homeschoolers on the net, where we come at things from a similar angle but not so much in person, cuz although we come about things in the same way, we have VERY different opinions. And I so do not want thier religion in my kids schooled life just as they don't want mine in theirs.

So I will go about my life being traditional, being staunchly opposed to cross cultural adoption (cus it destroys culture, languange, religion and lives). Pissed by wannabes and snow flakes and new agers stealing and basterdizing my beliefs. Staunchly not canadian or american (I am Lakota, my husband is Mohawk, thats our Nations), and various other views. And i will do so understanding (perhaps) where others are coming from. Because those I clash with are really pretty similar to me...except those new agers...i will never get them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment