Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MORNINGS, IT'S A LOVE - HATE THING

I am not one of those groggy bleary eyed morning monsters who just wants one more hour, and then another one. I am out of bed i n 5 - 15 minutes of "time to get up". there are of course exceptions where I fall back to sleep, but I am only human, Granted a Lakota human so thats near to perfection ;) I get up in the morning in a decent mood, get the kids started on their day& then have my bath (it's my 20 min of me time that I think every Mom needs). I get dressed and come downstairs (this is the hate part) cuz this is when I see the daily mess and worry about cleaning it before we start school and I feel like a crazed person. I know many Moms would say to relax, it is not the most important thing in the world but to me in that moment it is, and it isn't even that bad. Our floors must always be clean cuz Grandma Claus and Aunty Claus are diabetic and a tiny pepple could go unnoticed stuck to the bottom of their feet and then turn in to a cut which into a diabetic can turn into a major injury. Aunty Claus is still healing her foot from such an instance from 11 months ago...so floors must be swept clean regularly. Then Ko-Ko and I do not function well in mess. So tidy means we think straighter...oh joys of an ADD brain :(

We are having March Break, along with the public school kids and yet, I can not move away from my hate part of the morning. I do not like the crazed "Let's Get This Done Now". I like that I am keeping a clean house, and with 9 people it's not like we can set aside a day for cleaning, everyday is cleaning day.

Now when it is done, I feel much more serene, unless of course it is one of those mornings where my kids were replaced my Captain Useless and his team of lazy bandits...then we have a bad morning. I wonder what my kids interpretation of morning s with me are. I should ask, when I get the nerve to do so, I may not like the answers i get. Have you ever asked your kids their opinion of you? It can be funny; if you have a sense of humour about your strong points and your short comings.

This morning Ko-Ko entertained her cousins, Runner played with Indy and SW decided to cook bacon and breakfast sausage for all. Sunny Not is in bed because i see no point in disrupting the natural sleep cycle of teens if I don,t need to. So I cleaned myself with out barking orders, so I am proud of me this morning. Having a good morning makes this critical analysis of myself easier...much harder on a bad morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment