Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Day To Myself


Oh it was a wonderful day.
Today I went with friends to the Tyendinega Powwow ... without kids. don't get me wrong. I love taking my kids to powwow. I am looking forward to my vacation with SW The brave next weekend at the Golden Lake Powwow...but sometime a Mom needs a break. A chance to just dance. dance without rushing out of the circle to find the kid you can't see. It often feels like as soon s i have located one child another is gone. At powwows my children are social butterflies each with their own group of friends (SW's and Sunny Not's over lap...but not so at home). they have a lot more freedom at powwows.

So today I danced, sat and drank water, chatted a bit, danced some more. Oh it was relaxing and fun. I wish I could spend more powwows like that, but with kids. My 2 powwow trail buds who travel with our family they do that but they each have one daughter who stays by their side. I would like an in between. It is great that the kids have powwow friends (my friends kids don't)...I just wish they understood the importance of spending some time with family. Ko-Ko and Runner found an in between this year...SW almost did but teenage Sunny Not did not...wasn't interested. When Indy is a bit bigger it will be some easier as there will be no baby chasing...but I will soon have 2 teens to worry about. Ah but some day they will have kids and I can relax and watch them run crazy LOL.

Anyway I had fun. i had fun dancing straight dances. Had fun dancing the Crow Hop. Laughed watching the switch dance (one of the best I have seen). Enjoyed talking to people I haven't seen in a while...all the good things about powwow.

No comments:

Post a Comment