Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Done!

I have been putting together a unit study for the Rideau Canal and locks. It took a while. My hold up was the history of it. It seemed pretty short and basic. Then I thought to myself "why do I need to tell the kids more if it is straight forward?" See I am still getting used to the fact that school doesn't need filler. The history ended up full enough anyway by the time I was done. I think I am getting better at the unit study thing. Allthough I think my review may be a bit basic for my 11 yr old (he will be grade 7 when we get back to school work). I think I will make up a separate yet similar review page for him....ok, BRB

Back...So the second page of the review now has an alternative page that is very similar but I think more appropriate to S.W.'s skill level. This is often my struggle, making the work appropriate for all kids without it being to difficult for Runner, unreadable for Ko-Ko or to simple for S.W.

If your interested the PDF can be downloaded directly from acrobat.com here:
https://acrobat.com/#d=mCMTXeD-5G6Bupfr-NZgNw
there is of course also a link on my website here:
http://inasnativehomeschoolunitstudies.webs.com/assignmentshandouts.htm

museums to visit (we are going to try and do all three listed here on a day trip).

Rideau Canal Museum (Smithfalls, Ontario) Guided tour (book in advance)
cost: Adults $4, Senior (60+) $3.50 youth (7 - 18) $2.50
Out door visit Adult $3 senior and youth $2
call 613 284 0505
email rcmchin@superaje.com

Lock Master's House Museum (Chaffey's Locks)
donation.
email tacton@kingston.net
suemaclat@sympatico.ca

Kingston Mills Anglin Lockhouse & Visitor Station (Kingston Mills)
call ahead 613 359 5377
email RideauCanal-info@pc.gc.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment