Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

"Me Want One Powwow Again"


These were Indy's words today after Ko-Ko and I drummed for the prenatal program at the Native Friendship Center this evening.

Our powwows are winding down now. Golden lake, Silver lake and then one more in September and it is just a one day powwow. If we had more money and more vacation days there are more we could attend. I thought we'd do Ardoch but not looking like it right now. I wish we could attend more too. I felt a little bad because the one I am going to this coming weekend is Just SW and I. It is our Vacation together. I am glad he likes powwows. I wish he talked more. I would like to know what he likes about them.

He does not dance. He has a dance regalia but he freeze up at the circle. I wonder if we attended more powwows in territories where you can carry your little ones, if he would dance then. I know I would carry him in and then hope he wants down at some point to join in. But some of our Nations carry babies in the dance circle so that they will always stay in the circle (like my Nation). And some don't because they believe that any thing you carry you are offer to the creator and they don't want to offer back their babies. This is the teaching in most of the area around us.

I know he likes the drums. Maybe he will dance when he is older...maybe he will be a drummer. Right now I am just happy that he loves to powwow.

No comments:

Post a Comment