Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Disney Nature's African Cats

Today (Monday, i haven't went to bed yet so it is still Monday) our homeschool group went to see Disney Nature's African Cats. I am not a big Disney fan. I don't own Diney movies (Except Earth and Oceans). I am the Mom that does NOT want to listen to singing princesses or pretend that highschool is full or G rated teens. Yep that's me. But I love these Disney Nature docs.

This year instead of taking my own kids to see African cats on Earth Day I decided to make it a homeschool group activity. The problem was that earth Day was a statutory holiday and you can't get school bookings on stat days. But you can on PA days, s we went today.

Initially my kids whined about having to go on a field trip when the PS kids didn't have school. Some of us Moms (like me) invited PS friends and their kids...those kids were thrilled to go. The always-homeschooled-have-no -developed-a-stinking-public-school--attitude-kids (you now, the ones who are not mine) also seemed happy.

My kids came out of the theater much better children then when they went in. It seems some field trips are good enough to occur on a day that PS kids don't have school...imagine that, I knew what I was doing after all :)

The movie was fantastic. You fell in love with the two main cat families. You cheered for their successful hunts. Were sad and worried when they were to be hunted. Crazy mixed up feelings of life, I know. Yes big cats are predators so there was predator activity in the movie. But thanks to Disney it was not gory. It is a documentary so reality exists, but with out some of the nature channels detail. I point this out as a theater employee because yes we have had people return tickets so upset about this...they are African Cats people not AristoCats.

Yes I think the movie put me in a caty mood :)

Ok the good educational part...Disney has down-loadable PDF teacher material. Just click here! I have not read through it all, I worked tonight, but I have downloaded and will be checking it out for schoolwork this week. So my advice is see the movie, check out the PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment