Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day

So the big Claus family plan for Earth Day was to clean up our own piece of earth, reading our yard for spring and organizing our recycling so it would be more functional.

I wish I could tell you we had 9 people happy to clean up their piece of earth. Taking responsibility for their piece of earth.

The reality was that I had a bunch if whinnying kids/teens who spend more time with their hands in their pocket then actually working. And DH thought the BBQ was a worthwhile project...I may agree after some burgers but until then I would ace rather have another hand raking but since he was working so hard and took cate of the compost I kept my mouth shut and smiled. Aunty tackled the recycling like a pro...yeah Aunty Claus!



I did however have one little work horse, or work pony. Indy picked up sticks all day long. And the yard did somehow get done. Just not with the happy willing participants in the great family moment I had been imagining. I probably should let go of the dream and be happy with the end result that in reality, happy o not we did pull together to get it done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment