Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

KO-KO WRITES ABOUT YESTERDAYS WALK


today we went on a walk and we saw lots of things. we saw plants and flowers growing and I swung on vines. It was fun. We found a sink hole and we found streams ans a BMX trail. We went to the park and we went to KFC. Then we went home and played outside for a a little bit and me and my brothers saved worms. I found a flower for my Mom and my little brother picked it. My little brother went on a swing. I did a little bit of school and I had fun.


I was really pleased with Ko-Ko. She tells a good story but has a harder time putting it to paper. I have in the past let her dictate to me. These past few months she has been writing on her own and it has been a struggle that dragged on for hours. But yesterday when she sat down to do this she got it done. Her spelling still needs some work but she has come along way from the child who couldn't read when I pulled her out of school. this is our 3rd year homeschooling. I spent the first year researching how to teach her to read, so just started that journey last year. The freedom to move around or write outside (like she she did yesterday) have made a big difference for her. A difference I sometimes need to remind my self of. I was not expecting her to end this assignment with "I did a little school work and I had fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment