Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

DECADENT OREO ICE CREAM CAKE


Sunny Not loves Oreo Ice Cream cakes. Every year when I do her part for her friends, that is what she asks for. This year to save cash I thought I'd make it myself. I looked on-line and all the instructions did not impress me. Vanilla ice cream, cool whip, no wonder people spend $40 buying them.

So I decided to do it with my own instructions. Oh it was amazing, and rich and worth every penny. But it did not save me money (cost me more). So if you want to save money do not follow these instructions. If you want it to taste the best ever, then close your eyes at the checkout in the grocery store and follow along.

First buy a spring form pan or a lot of patience. I did not buy the pan, but will before next year. I used a foil pie plate. then when I was part way through I peeled off the sides of the pie plate.

Make sure you have all day, this takes a little over 4 hours.

INGREDIENTS
1 pack chocolate cookie crumb crust. (I used Presidents Choice from Lawblaws)
1 bag of oreo cookies
1/2 liter carton of whipping cream
1 container of oreo ice cream
1 jar of hot fudge (I used smuckers)
1 bottle of chocolate crackle (I used smuckers)
1/4 cup melted butter or margerine
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

PREP
with electric beaters mix (on high) chilled whipping cream in a chilled bowl until thickened enough that it holds some form. While mixing slowly pour in 1 cup of sugar. Keep mixing on high until it forms stiff peaks. Now add in 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and whip another minute or so. At this point your whipping cream is very thick and a little sweet. It will hold it's form just like a thick icing. Set aside in fridge.
Set aside 24 oreo cookies and smash the rest, set aside out of reach from children

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Mix package of cookie crumb crust with 1/4 cup melted butter (if you are using a different brand then follow their instructions).
  • press into bottom of pan.
  • add a layer of chocolate fudge
  • scoop out softened ice cream and smooth over cake
  • freeze for 1.5 hours.
  • add a layer of chocolate fudge
  • freeze for 0.5 hours
  • add half the 1/3 the whipping cream
  • drizzle on a layer of chocolate crackle (thickly)
  • freeze for 1 hour.
  • remove from pie plate or spring form pan
  • add remaining 2/3 whipping cream to top and sides.
  • drizzle on chocolate crackly (decoratively)
  • add candles now!
  • freeze for 1 hour
  • put 12 oreo cookies around the out side edge
  • cover top off cake with crushed oreos
  • place remaining oreos up right around outer top edge of cake and one in the middle
  • freeze until you serve (at least 1 hour)
NOTE follow my freezing instructions (even for whipping cream) if you want it to look tidier then mine. I re3alized this part way through that it took anout an hour for the whipping cream to freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment