Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A NEW PRINTER...YEAH!

Woo Hoo I Got A New Printer! My last printer I got at Christmas. It was a $20 Walmart find. I then spent $20 on the USB cable to hook it up, and I maybe got $20 worth of printing out of it. I love Grandma Claus (Mom in law) and haven't had the heart to tell her. So it is still sitting in the livingroom. The new printer is set up in the office where we do some of our homeschooling. The rest we do in our living room. (One day I will have a school room) *sigh* So I have a secret printer...even better. I printed so much stuff I have been waiting to print. And I ran out of ink...LOL. So I have to get more ink cuz i wasn't even smart enough to start with the things we would be using first. It even came with phot paper so I can print the ton of pics I have (mostly thanks to my friend Ali & my daughter Sunny Not). I can scan things. So when I create something by hand for the kids that is just genius I can scan it and make more replicas. Oh I am just so excited, except when I consider how much ink I may go through. Again, in case you didn't get it the first time...YEAH!

My new printer is the cannon mp250 (and no one is paying me to say this)

2 comments:

  1. I found something out a few years ago from a salesperson at the big chain computer store. In order to lure in more customers the companies made the printers cheaper but the ink cartridges are smaller and they barely print anything. He was explaining to me that one printer was better than the other one despite the more expensive one seeming like a rip-off it used a ton less ink so it was actually cheaper in the end. My husband and I couldn't believe it.

    I am still using an almost 20 year old IBM printer which someone was throwing away so we got it free. I use one gigantic toner cartridge every 12-15 months! Compare that! This is a real toner printer with just black ink.

    For our other printer (ink jet) we changed the computer default printing to be just black and white so it uses only black toner. That one has one black cartridge and one color cartridge. The color ink is so expensive we don't want to use it much.

    Thanks for reading my blog and leaving comments all the time. I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it figures they would rip us off somehow. Well the only good thing about my ink is that my colour is the same price as my black but my sis in law just told me to adjust my printer setting to a lower quality to use less ink but that I won't notice the diff unless printing photos...And I very much enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete