Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

VOLCANOES


With what is going on in Iceland the grown-ups in the house asked if the kids would be learning about it. I was already on it. I finished last night a small unit study on volcanoes. There first bit is mostly info, pics and links. I have links to videos on you tube, a quiz page and to news sites for following the latest on the volcano. I also have pages for recording what is happening as well as writing bout the bigger stories. So it will be more of a current events project in the end...which is good. We talked today about volcanic winter. Maybe I should have included more on this as they were very interested. Or maybe we will follow up with a unit about volcanic winter and similar meteorological events. There is of course the baking soda volcano. I'll post pics as soon as we do it. We took bit of a walk to register Ko-KO for her gymnastics Gala. On the way back we stopped for fries. I'm including a pic of Ko-Ko climbing a stop sign on the way home (she's a bit of a monkey) and a link to our volcano unit. One link direct to the PDF and one to the website where I keep all the links to my PDF files.

WEBSITE http://inasnativehomeschoolunitstudies.webs.com/assignmentshandouts.htm
VOLCANO PDF https://acrobat.com/#d=5FdSHX2hll90Qrwl0oYDEA

No comments:

Post a Comment