Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

GEOLOGY MUSEUM

But First
It has been a few days since I posted. we have been busy and out and going all week. But since I was not feeling well at the start of the week, being busy each day wore me out. I was so exhausted I went to sleep early then my usual. One night I fell asleep shortly after Indy. I knew enough to drink the tea we use for medicine, but apparently didn't know enough to get more sleep...luckily our bodies will force the issue if needed. We would tell our kids to sleep, and stay in bed. We would make sure the kids were quiet (er), for our husbands to get some extra sleep, but do it for ourselves? It is so hard for us Women. It means giving up control and that we don't do easily.

And Back To Our Trip
On Wednesday we went to the Miller Geology Museum at Queens U, after spending the morning downtown. Mostly in the books store and art store. About halfway through the trip Indy was done so he and I played in the sand where you can dig for fossils. I trusted Runner with my camera (cell phone) and he took some pics while in the lab learning how to identify minerals.

It was a nice visit (other then cranky toddler). The rocks, minerals, and gems on display are beautiful. The giant piece of salt was amazing to the kids. Seeing platinum and gold impressed them and the geodes (especially the big one) wowed them. I think everyone is amazed by geodes. Ko-Ko wants to smash open all rocks in case she finds one. Runner liked asking & (especially) answering questions about fossils. They recently learned to identify the different types of fossils. Best of all, Ko-Ko and Runner are now interested in geology. Yeah for me cuz I love the subject. I think we will take a trip to the water front and look for some fossils in the limestone (apparently we have a good and easy to find supply around here).

No comments:

Post a Comment