Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

SNOWFLAKES AND KITCHEN SINKS

The snowflake pic is one we took! Cool ennit?


Our snowflake unit study has been going well. We have had lots of days to go out and study snowflakes. We received 16 am between 11am( Thursday) and 11am today (Friday, well it was but I am posting at midnight).

Today we saw stars & dendrites. That is most of what we have seen. Needles very briefly on Tuesday. A few radiating plates...well they looked more like radiating dendrites, but we are guessing they are similar enough that we can mark them s such with a note. We got some new magnifying glasses today and can't wait to try that out. A certain family member suggested we bring them in and put them under our microscope that hooks up to the TV. I explained the melting factor. Maybe with a cord long enough to reach outside...hmmm

The unit study is one I made...sort of. Like I mentioned previously it basically involved cutting and pasting from this cool snowflake site. I know plagiarism. But have you ever been really tired and still needed to create school work? I also used Discovery's puzzle maker to make a crossword puzzle for the unit study.
This is a list of PDF's I used
Snowflakes - Science
Jack Frost - English
Exponents and powers - math... it ties into the science since which brings up exponents.
Adding exponents - more math
Snowflakes to molecules math - a single (cool) problem


KITCHEN UPDATE


My kitchen is still improving daily. Today I cleaned under the microwave. It was nasty, but I fixed that! I wonder if that should be a weekly or daily thing, to wipe under it.








I will finish with a sink pic to show that it is still clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment