Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Great Park day.

This morning we all got plenty of rest and woke up between 10am and 11:15am (Ko-Ko). So when my neighbor offered to drive us to park day in an hour (at 12:15) I thought there was no way we would make it.
Yes our Neighbors at our new house are a homeschooling Native family...amazing eh?



However my slowpoke kids decided we could be ready. Amazingly they were. We all got dresses brushed hair, ate breakfast (lunch depending on how you want to define it) and were ready. SW even made it to the store and back for snacks. If only other things motivated them like that.


The park was gorgeous. It was hot. Ducks and geese were fed. Games were played and an adventure was taken. Best of all we met new people.


And this leaves me feeling very thankful to those who started our homeschool group. When I started homeschooling I felt Luke I just didn't fit in. The "open and diverse" group we joined was neither open nor diverse. I thought we would be homeschooling on our own. However the group we now belong to truly is open and diverse. I have met others similar to us, vastly different from us and found friends in all because the group is so open. I wonder where many if us would be if the founders of our group had not had this vision.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment