Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I invented a cake an it needs a name.

I need you all to name this new cake.





It is an amazing cake. Perfect for summer. I needed to make a cake today. I needed something calming followed by desert. Yep it is that time and I was starting to sound like I was perhaps raised by the wicked witch of the west.
...
The pause was Me waiting for those who know my Mum, to stop laughing.

So this cake is clearly created by a Gemini who couldn't make up her mind (me). It is a yellow lemon cake and it is a berry/ (white) chocolate cheese cake. I made both and swirled them together (reminiscent of the blueberry cheesecake brownie but a LOT lighter, being cake. The icing is similar to the one from my birthday cake. It is frosting mixed with whipping cream. This one has lemon and lime juice. It looks almost the same as my birthday cake when finished, until you cut it. Then you can see a light bit of cheesecake running through it.

The only thing is that I have no idea what to call it. A cake must have a name. If it doesn't how can my kids ask me to make it again. What am I to call it at a potluck so everyone can ooh and ah over it. Ok I may be getting carried away at this point but you see the issue....so please help me name my new cake :)






So without further delay here is the cake:

Ingredients
I Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
3 eggs (large)
1 egg (large)
1/3 cup Oil
1 1/4 cup Milk
2 lemons
1 lime
1 (8oz) light cream cheese
1 can Betty Crocker whipped vanilla icing
1 box nutrawhip whipping cream (keep in fridge until use)
I bag white chocolate chips
1 cap vanilla extract
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blackberries.
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar

Cake
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, oil, milk, rind from lime and one lemon, juice from on lemon. Mix well. Set bowl aside.

Mix cream cheese, I egg, sugar, 1/2 pint blackberries, 1/2 pint raspberries. Mix till smooth.

In double boiler (I med pot of water on high with a smaller pot inside it containing white chocolate chips and vanilla) stir chips and vanilla constantly and firmly until smooth.

Immediately poor into Cheese/berry mixture an mix.

Grease a smooth bunt pan (I use cooking spray).

Pour 1/2 cake mix into pan. Pour cheese/ Berry/ white chocolate mix into pan in a circle staying away from edges. Pour remaining cake mix in. ** (I poured all the cake mix in first. In hindsight I am suggesting to split it)

Draw a knife through mixtures swirling them.

Bake on middle rack approx 60-70 min






Icing
With a sharp knife cut peel off lemon in spirals. Squeeze lemon and lime juice together in a glass

Make whipped cream; beat cream in bowl, when fluffy add 1/2 cup sugar and cream of tartar. Mix well. Add in Betty crocker icing, and 1/3 the lemon/lime juice. Place in fridge

When cake is done poke with fork and pour lemon/lime juice around top. When cake is cooled, ice it. Then add lemon peels and remaining berries. Place in fridge until served.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment