Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Birthday.

I had a great birthday today. DH and I went grocery shopping. Day Lee Hong for groceries for my supper. Loblaws for my birthday cake.

While we were out we had lunch and the kids tidied up the house so I could sweep, mop and polish the floors. After I enjoyed making myself a birthday cake. I used the Betty Crocker Raspberry lemonade cake. It is not from scratch but it is a work of art (recipe at bottom).



DH made mean sushi feast. We had philly roll, Boston roll, flying roe roll, and spicy salmon roll. It was amazing!



While waiting my friends, sunny not, Aunty Claus and Grandma Claus played scruples, then I received some gifts. Indy made me two necklaces. One at the Native centre (grandma took him so we could get work done here) and one with SW. Aunty Claus made me a new skirt out of material I have had my eye on for over a year. She will add ribbon later but wasn't sure where or what colour so I for to add my input. And Grandma Claus gave me a documentary on the trail of tears my parents sent money to get my nails done.


Then we went to see the new xman movie; xman first class. Loved it! Loved it!

All in all I am so thankful for the day, the friends, the hours dh put into my dinner and that others put into my gifts.

Cake recipe.

Raspberry lemonade cake

Ingredients

1 cup very hot water
1 box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavored gelatin
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
1/2 cup frozen (thawed) lemonade concentrate
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, if desired
Lemon peel strips, if desired
Directions

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In small bowl, mix hot water and gelatin until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture, 1/4 cup of the lemonade concentrate, the water, oil, and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Reserve remaining gelatin mixture and lemonade concentrate.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Poke warm cake every inch with fork tines. Remove 1 tablespoon of the reserved gelatin mixture to microwavable custard cup or small bowl. In another small bowl, mix remaining gelatin mixture and remaining 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate; pour slowly over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In medium bowl, fold together frosting and whipped topping; frost cake. Microwave 1 tablespoon gelatin mixture uncovered on High 10 seconds to liquefy. Using 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, place small drops of gelatin mixture over frosting; with spoon or toothpick, swirl gelatin into frosting. Garnish each piece with raspberries and lemon peel strips. Store covered in refrigerator.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment