Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE HALLOWEEN SEWING RUSH HAS BEGUN

Yes some sewing moms probably start sewing Halloween costumes earlier but not me. To explain you must understand that from Sept 9 to Oct 10 three of our children have birthdays. This follows the powwow season, school shopping (books etc) and happens during a need for fall clothes. So I wait to do Halloween shopping on baby bonus day (Oct 20). Besides Fabricland's fall "buy 1meter get 2 meters free" sale starts on the 18th. So it is an 11 day rush, less if you count my sisters costume party (which I do).

So I started on sister's costume yesterday. Would have finished too but she was missing a few notions (elastic, right size zipper) and was short on trim. So I am about 30 minutes from done for her. She is being a girl pirate. Ko-Ko is being a which. She is wearing a fancy purple dress she found at Phase 2 a few years ago. We have a hat, purple and black argyle stockings, striped gloves. I an making her a black And purple skirted jacket as her cloak. Tomorrow will be SW's costume. And I have finally decided on a costume for myself. So I will be needing to head back to Fabricland. I will post pics as the costumes become completed. Unfortunately sisters costume has some finishing touches before a picture happens.
Today is also my neighbors pumpkin carving party. It is raining and cold. When we talked last week I told her how we have done that for Ko-Ko's birthday in the past and we always threw a tarp down on the living room floor and then newspaper on top of that. She is thinking of doing it in her backyard under the awning. I hope she uses my suggestion. I don't know how all those kids,Helpers and parents will fit. And I have arthritis and the idea of digging out pumpkin guts in the cold worries me. So we will see how it all goes. Have a good day all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment