Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

My cake for this month's Full Moon Ceremony


ceremonies are pot luck events in our culture. Once upon a time I wsa the Woman who brought the poop, or timmies (for US readers that is Tim Horton's Donuts, it's what we raise our kids on up here). But as my Grandmother was finally starting to sow her age at 97 I made a decision. I want to be the grandma with the killer deserts at her house. I want my kids to come home with many grandbabies and when they walk in the door I want them to stat salivating over the deserts I made them. This was what it was like walking into my Grandma's house. How ever I was a one dish wonder and I dislike cooking. But I tend to accomplish everything I set out to do.

At my grandma's funeral I gave the speech and this promise was included. Since then I learned to bake. I had a few failures. Then Grandma Claus decided to help me out talking me through things. My first independent success was a Creme Brulee. Yeah I was a surfer & skater once long ago and still believe the old adage "Go big or go home'.

I have since discovered that cooking sucks but baking rocks. I have even recently baked some suppers. And I have become the Woman who brings the cakes. This one is a bunt cake, an iced one...never easy to ice a bunt I think.
CAKE:
3 lg eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup veg oil
2 cups flour (all purpose)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups peaches (canned ), that's a large can
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a bunt pan (10 cups)
  1. combine eggs, sugar r and oil. Mix on medium until blended.
  2. in separate bowl add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Wisk (it's easier then sifting)
  3. add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. The batter will be very thick
  4. Rinse peaches and chop them up. I buy half peaches as they are easier to slice. Sliced peaches a re to big and would still need to be sliced.
  5. with spatula mix in peaches and nuts.
  6. pour batter into prepared pan. bake for 50 min.
  7. cool well before icing.
Cream cheese Icing
3 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
4 tblsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups icing sugar
1.2 tsp ground ginger

  1. cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth
  2. add in icing sugar & ginger a bit at a time
  3. ice cake

No comments:

Post a Comment