Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SCORE: A HOCKEY MUSICAL


YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!
and yes it is PG
Ko-Ko and I went to see this movie last night. I think I will be taking the other kids too. It was so good when this comes to DVD I am buying it.
The movie is musical about a 17 yr old boy who is homeschooled. He has hippie parents who shelter him from all the bad out there. He is a sweet, intelligent and articulate boy. Is the homeschool family stereotyped? Yes but no more so then every other character in the movie. Some of the humor in the movie is stereotype. The stereotyping is also not insulting. They show this kid as being smart, thoughtful, kind. He is possibly unschooled but I don't know if a PS family would pick up on that. The rink rats are stereotyped, as are the coaches and hockey players. It is a very Canadian movie. If you live in the States and this movie doesn't come to American theaters then I suggest you find a way to watch it anyway (Internet). I laughed, I cried and I loved that the lesson in the movie is to be true to yourself. In fact I think that is why the writers made Farley be homeschooled and sheltered because he struggles with the teenage question - No the life question - of being ordinary or unique. This is a great movie. I think it will be loved by all who see it and I think HS kids will love the characters of Farley and Eve (Also homeschooled), as will parents.
See the trailer
Read the synopsis
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment