Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

HOW HALLOWEEN HIJACKED MY DAY

So today we would have read a bit more about Edison and learn about the moon. After we were done we were going to go pick up the things we needed for Halloween and for our Earth's layers project. That is what was supposed to happen.

It seemed good to start the day having the kids help me plan our afternoon shopping trip. It would need to be planned since the boys had drumming tonight and Ko-Ko would also be at the Native center as well.

The list turned out huge (we do have a fair number of us in our family). So we typed it up on the computer, organizing what was at which store. It was clearly an all day trip. I couldn't keep postponing. I have 11 days till the day, 9 till my sister's costume party. So I have a fair bit to do, including sisters costume. Plus the stroller was broken, so we would have to start on the other end of town at Walmart, and work our way back home. School got scraped then.

I went to use my phone...no service. I called my wireless company while directing kids to get ready. When it was time to get the bus I left...and left my paper weight of a phone. In hindsight (yep) pics of our excursion would have been nice. So my sis is being a pirate, SW, a dead cheerleader, Sunny Not a dead princess (getting her dress with her later), Runner will be Death (when did they stop being knights & princess' - live ones?), Ko-Ko will be a witch and Indy Curious George (yeah Indy). Runner chose a mask that he liked, but not a "Death" one. There is a pic of it...it "bleeds". We stayed on track and were near the end when we were at Fabricland. Indy fell asleep as we entered (perfect cuz toddlers and fabric stores don't mix). I made it to the counter when my bank card didn't work...not the magnetic strip, the chip. The nearest bank machine - 10 minutes by bus...the bus I just got off). Thankfully they will hold it til I come back tomorrow. So we skipped what was left and headed to the Kingston Center to get a new bank card and do groceries...oh and pumpkins for the pumpkin carving party at our neighbors house on Sunday. Runner was tired and just wanted to go home so I sent SW and Ko-Ko on the bus to the Native center. Runner, Indy and I got home around 4pm...exhausted. I had thought we would do an hour of school. Nope. Too tired. Science week; it will last longer then a week. I don't think the kids will complain.

As for tomorrow, I promise the Moon. OK I promise we will learn (and share) about the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment