Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

RAMBLINGS


I don't know if that makes this post different then others but I am in a rambling mood.

Our study of Egypt is done (except our mummy) the kids made cartoon strips (one on the left) describing the process of making a mummy. That means for the next week the kids are going to chose what they want to do in Traditional studies (we are having extra of this class). They are still thinking but one suggestion was corn husk dolls. Keep in mind I am Lakota, it is my husband who is Mohawk. I am currently looking into who maybe able to teach us, or at least talk me through it. Grandma can teach us about the dolls though. Another suggestion is to learn some songs. My boys drum on the big drum. I have sang for 14 years now and apparently know a few songs their drum is hoping to learn. Some older songs. I think that's a good idea. Another is sewing...ribbon shirts and skirts. I love all these ideas and as they try to decide on one I am thinking we should do them all. Egypt took way longer then expected, who who cares if we run off track. We have all the time in the world right? with the exception of Runner, there is not a lot of pressure as to what they learn. Preparing for college is not that overwhelming. Preparing for University for Runner - Scary. For those of you who don't live in Canada; College is easier academically, practical and where you go to become a photographer (Sunny Not) or a cop (Ko-Ko). University is the one that you need excellent grades and stuff, go through admissions and hope to attend to become an engineer (Runner) or doctor etc. But for now my concerns lay in math and the ability to write well. The rest is what I think is good to learn.

Speaking of which I think I may be going the wrong direction in Canadian history. Does any one need to know which province confederated when? No. But there are some key moments that I think are important. I think we will make each study of each province about that provinces key moments, especially from a Native perspective and also from current perspectives. In other words it will become more apart of traditional studies. I often tied them together a bit, but I think more so now. This revelation came from SW. Funny thing is, that was my original intent but I was side tracked by a history book that was light on content but was easy to supplement. I think the book will now serve as supplement to my history lesson.

I got in an argument with Grandma Claus tonight. I feel crappy about it. I was ticked off, I am ticked off but not so much at her, more at her words. Part of those words on her part I think show a memory issue. Sometimes I can apologize easily...other times not so much. The problem of a little house...cuz I would like to do so with some privacy. Not much of that when you want it.

Other family stuff we have received a grant for Native families to buy a home. we have one more hoop to jump through before buying. We could be moving around xmas. So it has been suggested by Grandma and Aunty that I scale back at xmas. That would be totally reasonable request but I am WAY more scaled back then most people. My kids get one gift from Santa and two from DH and I. 3 gifts is way scaled back. I know because we did not used to be like that. But after baby Ko-Ko and toddler SW had a melt down for the third day of family xmas, with one more to go, and a mountain of gifts we decided it was ridiculous. It isn't even our holiday. We are totally in it for Santa (remember our kids are related to him through Grandma Claus, which clearly makes him Mohawk). So 3 gifts, one family xmas, and time to spend together playing. The rest of the family we will see for a desert get together. Adult gifts are home made, except between DH and I (and my sis, cuz she is my sis). I find the best deals EVER. How can I sale back a xmas that by western standards is very scaled.

Told You this was a ramble blog

Tomorrow we are going out, but I think we will do Math first. SW didn't follow directions in math very well today. Anyway I have an exciting blog planned tomorrow. Something new we are doing. Okay not winning a star trek costume contest exciting, but still I am excited, hope the kids are too.
See Ya All Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment