Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

WHAT I'M ALL EXCITED ABOUT

So I joined a postcard trading club. It is one with the core in Canada (although some Americans and other international people too if your interested) called Canadian Postcard Club for HS Kids. I have read about these in the states so I was quite excited. Today the kids and I went downtown to collect some postcards that represented our city. It was a trip in and of itself...

...Our trip started off with our inability to find the stroller for Indy. we figured we had left it in the van. Since we were busing we decided to give it a try with him walking. We also had no harness (a necessity if your a bit of the scatterbrained type who has trouble concentrating on more then one thing - like me). But hey we have taken him on the ten minute walk to Mac's before. So we set out, then headed back for umbrellas and better footwear. Runner didn't changeout of his crocs which I would notice later. Indy didn't have better footwear for rain. Well he did but it doesn't fit this season. So we bused to the transfer station and ran into Loblaws for rainboots, and socks. Then we headed to the post office for stamps and envelops. Back on the bus and downtown. It was time to eat so we went to "Bop Bop Bop"...confused. Yeah that's what Indy calls McD's (as in their I'm lovin' it jingle). We hit Indigo which had a huge selection on 50% off. Most of the selection was not specific to our city, just our province. We hit a local book store and collected a few more. Then headed down to the water, hit the tourist info center and got some more. Sadly the two most significant landmarks I was looking for I did not find. I found the city hall, nearby attractions, things I excpected but not what I was looking for. One day when I have the opportunity i will have some one drive me to the museums to get them. See I live in the town that was home to Canada's first prime minister and yet I found no postcars with his home, picture or statue...odd. And we have the lovely designation of Canada's prison capitol but no postcard of Canada's oldest and most notorious prison. Souvenirs, but no postcards. Clearly I will need a car trip to fix this. I did find some lovely scenic and historical photos. I stocked up so we will not need such an excursion every week.

Back home still no stroller. Aunty is sure we took it out of the van. We are sure we used it a gain but not sure where. So Aunty watches Indy while we go to the pool. Where we find our stroller! We had it at Ko-Ko's Bday. After a glorious day swimming we came home.

Oh apparently (according to my Mom) there are no postcards of the prison cuz you are not allowed to take pictures of them. Crazy when you can goggle and see inside pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment