Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A SEWING PROJECT


I chose to wear skirts for cultural reasons (click on the pic "the Wearing Of Skirts" to read about that, just scroll down, it's on the right) . But at work my uniform includes pants. I keep trying to find a pair I don't feel totally uncomfortable in. So today was another attempt. I made a pair of Thai fisherman pants. The pattern said "one size fits all". I learned this past year that really means size 0-12. So I searched the internet and found a site with instructions to make a pattern based on your own measurements. The site is mediatinker.com I of course made some modifications. First off the pant pieces, I cut on the fold so there is just one piece per leg. Then I added 3 inches to the measurement (which on the fold means, 6 inches to the leg, you could add more for more fold). I cut the bottom of the leg at 12 inch on the fold (for a wider leg)I also cut the waist as two pieces, and the tie (knowing this would make the tie fit on my material better). I cut those pieces on the fold as well (fits on material better). Then I folded the material in half width wise, then length wise. Then I placed all three pieces and cut. When I was done I had 2 of each piece cut on the fold.
  • then I ironed everything (except hems). I ironed the 2 tie peices in half length ways. Then opened it up and ironed each side in half towards the center, creating a nice edges strim when folded back in half and sewn shut.
  • next I sewed one waist to each pant leg. Then I pined them together from waist to crotch, with the ie inthe middle of the waist section and sewed it all together. Now my tie is attached to the waist as well
  • then I repeated on other side.
  • then I pined the legs together from one ankle to the other.
  • then I ironed and sewed hems.
TIME:
  • measurements, less then 5 min
  • make & cut out pattern, less then 10 min
  • pin and cut out pieces, 15 min
  • iron, sew and hem the pants 1hr, 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 1hr, 40 min
They are very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment