Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

NO SUMMER VACATION?

Yep, that's what I have been wondering. My husband suggested (last summer) that I do a reduced workload through out the summer. I said no.

Then after a LONG summer vacation, (since we finished near the end of May), I struggled to regain a good schedule and functioning days.

Then we turned December into craft month. My theory being that the kids don't really focus so well with Santa on the edge of all their dreams. It was a good month too. I planned to be back at it come January.

What's that they say about the best laid plans?

Christmas Eve, we officially bought a house, one we would take possession of on January 19th. Moving day was set for the 28th and January turned into much moving prep and very little school work.

With essentially two months off I am looking at finishing in July. And with today our first day back at class, the children decided to replay Septembers back to school fiasco. We ended today with my head on the table, biting my tongue, waiting for kids to finish. Runner returned to the speed of dark and Ko-Ko back to acting as though she were incapable. Even when in exasperation I blurted out an answer, she still seemed unable to write it down.

My highlight of the day was getting my walmart prints of favorite homeschool pictures. At least I could remember all the good days in the past yr, including one of Ko-Ko working. Independently.

I think I will school lightly, and around powwows. And perhaps more field trips. Well at least SW was well behaved and hard working today. So I am thinking of all this just to avoid the return to schedule nightmare, with the plan of never leaving our schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment