Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHRISTMAS CRAFT 16, 17 & 18 PLUS MY QUILT IS DONE

DECEMBER 1st, and we have SNOW!

Yesterday and today we did some more crafts. SW is still not participating. We made a bunch of "cookies". They are felt and the icing is cotton. The ones I saw on the Internet (have to find then post the site) were all felt. If you did the icing with felt also you could have sewn the whole thing by hand. I like the cotton though. I put a small bit of stuffing in and when I was done I re-cut the edges with pinking shears.



I came across a blog yesterday called called Small Object Steno Pad from there I got the pattern for these adorable Christmas tree crafts. They were easy to do and the kids loved them. I put hot glue on the top of each layer to keep them held together.


We also made two mini stockings. They turned out so-so.


I also got to finish my quilt. I am happy with it. I loved the fat quarters for this. I found them on eBay. Then while at Fabricland this past weekend I picked up some natural unbleached cotton. I like backing a quilt in this way because it reminds me of my Great Aunt's quilts that are backed in flour sacs. I have lost my darning needle and so could not thread the yarn to make the ties (it's a tie quilt) so I garbed a needle and thread and red pony beads and tied it this way. Well my eyes keep shutting as I am unreasonably tired. I will have a short rest and then help the kids finish up their crafts. We are planning to make some more trees and birds.


Oh and today it snowed and stayed on the ground. Not a lot but enough to be classed by my kids as real snow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment