Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

GETTING READY FOR THE WINTER SCHOOL SESSION & MOVING


I thought we would resume school after moving but now it looks as though we will not move until the end of January. This would just be way to long. I think we will do math, writing assignments, reading history and unit studies.

i have some unit studies from currclick downloaded and not yet used. i will make good use of the library, Cartoon history of the Universe or our DK Romans box set. I need to keep the amount of supplies limited, like when we are traveling.

The idea of packing is overwhelming. We are going to get a dumpster. This is a comfort to me but I would happily tart the dumping process NOW. I will feel better when the packing is well under way. I am of the opinion that anything in boxes (except photo albums and keepsake boxes) should be gotten rid of. I am not sure everyone agrees.

In the mean time I am having a bit of escape making unit studies. I did one on snowflakes last night. Much more complex then I imagined. I found this great Snowflake site. I pretty much copy and pasted info into my word program to make this for the kids. Yes I sometimes make unit studies this way, but you know what, it is the easiest way to condense the info for my kids. i don'thave the time to study it, and then rehash it for them, but it is a good study. Do other Moms do this? I would love to hear, do you write them completely for your kids or is there some (or lots depending on subject and day) copy and pasting going on?

Anyway, at the end I used Discovery's puzzle maker to make a crossword puzzle. They call them "criss-cross". I thought it would be more enjoyable then answering a work page of the same questions :)

So this is my January plan. I still have to fit the math into it all. I am hoping it gets us through the month with lots of newly acquired knowledge and practice of skills. wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment