Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sleep

I think I need to try really hard to get more sleep (as I write this at 12:51 am).

The kids are driving me nuts and yes it is that time of year where we say over and over and over "be good or you'll get coal from Santa". Sometimes I think this is a mistake because we almost never mean it. I did it once and I don't know if I could do it again. Plus it just adds to the pressure. But more then anything when we are not up to par,when we are cranky, it comes out in our kids. I am very careful to make each Christmas stress free. I even blogged it here at "Ten Ways to A More Relaxing Christmas" and believe me I follow my advice.

But here's the thing I have always been a night owl, who wakes up around 8 am with often 4 hours of sleep. I have functioned like this since I was a child. But now, at 35 I find myself tired, I get over it and get my next wind but maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I now need more sleep. The biggest thing will be doing what I do in a 20 hour day and getting it done in a 16 or 18 hour day. perhaps it will be easier if I am more awake. I know that if I am less cranky and more alert the children will behave better. The upcoming move will be better too. Maybe I will remember better.

Difficulty number two will be falling asleep. How to turn off the brain.
Goodnight...at 1:01 am.

So off I go, wish me luck. My goal is a midnight or 1am bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment