Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

FINALLY BRINGING IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT.

Usually the tree, the shopping
and the baking are done. Not this year.


Anyway today was the day to change that. I got two sets of cookies done. The eggnog and the orange spritz. However the cookie press I bought this year for them is not co-operating. Either it's a hunk of junk or I don't know what to do.


I decided to roll the dough and get out the cookie cutters. I am happy with the result. I used the recipe Here on my top 10 baking list
The dough was very stiff so I added more orange juice (and eggnog) (1/2 cup). I also used twice the orange rind and for the nutmeg I used 1 1/2 tablespoons.



We also got the tree up and the decorating started. The kids are still putting up decorations. I think it looks lovely now. They will keep going though.


It's funny how these thing put you in the mood. A lot of the procrastinating was various family members (young and small) not bin in the mood. I think maybe to be in the mood we first have yo act like we are in the Christmas spirit and the rest will follow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment