Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Election (May 2011)

Earlier this year my kids learned about governments. They learn about governments in general as well as the ones in Canada. They learned about various Native perspectives also. We of course covered Canada's political parties. Some children (Runner) formed vary strong opinions.

Tonight they watched the election coverage. My poor Runner loomed like he was going to cry when they announced that the conservatives had a majority government. I have to say I felt about the same. He was happy for the NDP and also for Elizabeth May, but his disappointment was greater. He asked if people did realize the conservatives were the bad guys. I explained that not everyone felt that way. Runner was shocked. "But Mom," he said " they got kicked out for breaking rules". Sometimes I wish adults saw life this plainly. Often I wish adults knew this much before they voted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment