Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is It Time To Go To Sleep Yet?

In the Healthy Living Program (Fat Indian Club) we learned that dealing with stress in a healthy way is key to healthy Living and getting rid of fat. One of the things to do is to get 6-8 hours of sleep a night.






So I got up this morning. Started to freak that the schoolroom was a mess. A calmed down and switched to a firm voice Check 1
Got everyone to clean up that mess and get ready. Got ready myself. Got them helping me clean up the kitchen. Sent SW to get Ko-Ko out of bed (instead of yelling at her) Check 2





We all had a morning of quiz games. Somewhere along the line Ko-Ko decided to to participate any more. I resisted the urge to scream and set her up writing lines "I will show respect through attentive participation." Check 3
We got the rest of our day under way. Ko-Ko rejoined us with a good attitude when she was done.





I made tea biscuits for tonight instead of cake Check 4
Helped Grandma Claus get ready for work. Then got on the phone and Internet and tracked down the legal info needed to back the staff at the Native center at Saturdays board meeting (we currently have a terrible board that needs to get voted out in June).
Had fun with Kids tryin to take close up pics of eyeballs Check 5 for having fun. The three middle kids all have hazel eyes that change colour so when we do this they never seem to get the same colour twice.
Sent kids to store for chicken breasts in the discount bag for supper. Yelled when they brought home the wring item :( calmed down and sent them back to exchange. The came bak with a refund. Thanked them and went myself. I think that is a Check 6 for being grateful.
Made chicken Broccoli braid for supper. A recipe from All recipes.com. Did it with the kids helping, feeling rushed but not going crazy. And all this calm had resulted in no needs to snack Check 7
So Runner got off to Karate and the Women showed up for singing. We took a break for tea biscuits and juice....well that was the plan Someone brought pop....but we had a good time.
My friends went to get their girls from various sports, Indy went to bed and I worked on finishing some Mohawk language flash cards for the kids.
Then Ko-Ko and I rejoined the ladies to see (drool over) Fast Five. Yep by this time it is the late show (10pm). Ko-Ko spent the preshow under a light reading cineplex magazine featuring Johnny Depp in the new Pirates movie. So happy that my once "non reader" finds a place to read while waiting.






Did not buy movie popcorn and large pop Check 8 Did eat some candy that one of my friends got a the dollarstore...you know, the one friend who didn't join the fat Indian Club...sabotage maybe LOL.
Came home And finished the flash cards, went to bed and am now (at almost 4 am about to lay down and sleep for 4 hours. Big Red X. I need to have less going on in a day if I am to sleep properly.

So fellow homeschool Moms, How Do I Do That?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment