Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Indy's New Powwow Regalia

I worked on Indy's regalia for powwow some more today. All that is left is fringe and elastic (which I need to buy).






We are to work on beadwork etc over the winter months. However when sewing for children that can backfire. So for the kids I do a fair bit of waiting. I did however buy the materials over the winter (except for elastic and fringe).
I also planned it out. I chose green because it is Indy's gave colour. That's my St. Patty's baby's Irish quarter showing I think. I picked the maple leaf design because not only was he born on March 17th, he was born during sweet water time (when the sap runs from the maple trees). He is also named after this time (online we call him Indy as his middle name is Indiana). I think I picked the white to torture myself when it comes to cleaning. All of Runner regalia's have had a fair bit of white also.





You may notice there is no vest. But with the humidity levels in Ontario I forgo the vest until the are old enough to handle the extra layer. This is his first year with leggings (the green shorts). When they are diaper age I skip these for much the same reason. Instead I am left to worry about his ability to keep them, the aprons and side drops clean in a porta potty. This will become the job of whoever is in charge of running him to the bathroom.






Indy likes his new "powwow clothes" very much. However he thought it meant we were off to powwow today (I don't leave things that last minute).

Next is checking mine, Ko-Ko's and Runners regalia for repairs and adjustments. We will be wearing last years again. I had planned a new one for Ko-Ko but I believe she will still fit last years and with the expense of moving into our first (owned) home I decided it could wait.






Sadly I am not making Sunny Not a regalia this year. She did not look after hers last year plus she barely danced. She would bring her regalia then decide not to. I just not putting out the expense under those circumstances. I often wonder if such decisions are harder on the child or the parent.






Ko-Ko is learning to bead. I am thrilled. She is of course mostly going it on her own (and doing well). I hope she will take some time to do some sewing with me though to keep up her skills.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment