Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Siblings I Wanted Them To Be

When My kids were young they played together. Ko-Ko and Runner were best friends. They managed to maintain this in kindergarten. I think because they were in it together. (Ko-Ko was in K a year behind her friends do to age and maturity as tiny October baby). Them she went to grade 1 and was taught that her brother was too little. This ended their closeness and she tried to fit in with SW. Since neither of them had many friends this worked somewhat

The following year I started homeschooling as I watched SW and Ko-Ko fall apart in public school.

Over the years of homeschooling I have watched many wonderful changed in them. Best of all I have been watching my kids become friends again.

Last night Ko-Ko and SW went to the movies together with 2 friends from the Native center. they went early to get a good seat for Johnny Depp's new Pirates movie. So I had opportunity to check on them and see these 2 siblings laughing together with shared friends.

When I returned home I checked in cuz SW was having a sleepover (the 2 friends were both boys). I discovered SW, The 2 boys, Runner and Ko-Ko all in sleeping bags on the schoolroom floor talking and watching movies together.

These are the siblings I always wanted them to be.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment