Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

ABOUT INDY



I though I'd talk about Indy a little.

Indy is 2 1/2. He is my little nursing toddler. He will tell you he is big, a big nursing boy. He is somewhat worried that being big means not nursing...and eventually it does, but not yet.

He loves to talk about the world around him, making his observations. Unfortunately people don't always listen as the bigger people get wrapped up in their life. I fell bad for him when I have to tell people that he is talking to them.

His name isn't really Indy, although Indiana is his middle name and some relatives call him Indy. His first name is a Mohawk name and means sweet water (the sap from the Maple Tree). He was born when the sap runs ans he is as sweet a treat.

He looks up to Ko-Ko. My daughter who has ADD and who has more patience for little Indy then for anyone or anything in the world. He calls her "My Ko-Ko". He loves trucks and Thomas trains. Owls and dogs. He loves Diego, Elmo and Ko-Ko's much loved doll Autumn who was once my favorite. Ko-Ko was much harder on Autumn. He also likes to have "knits" which is a blanket, but doesn't sound so great when he says in public "I have some knits" Indy likes to sit on chairs with his two Elmos and Autumn. The Boys (Runner & S.W.) are often mortified when Indy wants them all to take either an Elmo or Autumn to the park. Ko-Ko straps them all together in the stroller or him.

We often take the bus on field trips and get togethers and such. Indy wants to have a bus pass just like we all do. We keep an empty one for him. In one of the pics he is chewing on the bus pass waiting for us all to be ready to go this morning.

Cooking and baking is also a favorite pass time and he likes to sit up on the counter and help. Always trying his best to participate. I made up little worksheets for him and got him some Kumon books for 2 yr olds. he like to do those with me, especially going outside to colour in the weather. he points out things and then colours (scribbles) the entire page. I don't know or care what he has learned as long as he has learned that I have time for him too.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely,lovely, Mother!! My 2 1/2yo thinks being big means going on the potty (and she isn't going that). I don't think she ever plans to stop nursing. She tells her siblings it's better than chocolate milk. Ummm... I eat a lot of sugar.

    What is it with society looking over the heads of children just because they're smaller?? That point has irritated me for years. Good for you for not allowing that for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catie. I like sugar too. I bake desserts when I have nothing to sew.

    ReplyDelete