Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

MY LEARNING CURVE & TRIP TO FALL FAIR




So I had a rough day. I was a bit of an emotional train wreck. But I had some insight. One of the kids said something to me (I don't remember who or what) and after thinking about it on and off over the day I realized that in this adjustment back into our school routine that there were a few thing I had forgotten too. Discussions are very important but with a few visual learners (Runner and I), a kinetic learner (Ko-Ko) and a complete audio learner(SW) our discussions used to include pictures, drawn on the white board, a bit more hands-on stuff and the talking. No wonder our days have been more difficult for Ko-Ko and somewhat for Runner...and for me. I struggle without being able to draw pictures. So I'm ready to get back on track! Time to break out my markers...the ones the kids haven't already lost lids too.

Yesterday we went to the fall fair. The kids had a blast. We went without DH, who is running out of excuses for not going on rides. My kids love rides and are not scared of a single one...almost. We don't like Farris Wheels (except Runner). Otherwise spin them, drop them and whirl them upside down...we love it. Ok, SW is not a fan of some upside downs, it depends. Anyway Indy went on his first rides. He went on a slide that you had to climb through and up and all kids of things to get through. I went with him. Ko-Ko was going to but they said it had to be me. He loved it. Ko-Ko also took him on some boats that when around in a circle. He seemed uncertain. We were going to take him on the tilt a whirl but he flat out refused so we went in pairs. Runner was big enough for the polar express but not Ko-Ko. He chose it to repeat for his final ride. Ko-Ko and SW went back to the tilt a whirl and ran into a friend in line so joined her. The tilt a whirl would have been my choice to repeat as well cuz we all laugh so hard on that one but Runner wanted to go on the one that was new too him. Second year with no gravitron much to all our disappointment. Sunny Not was at her Dad's which is too bad, it would have been fun to have her there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment