Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ALL IN ONE DAY...and my dilemma.





along the side I will have some pics highlighting our summer since today was the last day.

First of all I needed more sleep but after arguing and then making up with Grandma and Aunty Claus yesterday I stayed up till 4 am comparing phone apps with Grandma Claus. She also really love the Chicken Broccoli Braid I made (recipe from All Recipes website). So when I got up all I really wanted to do was sleep.

For school today we took it easy. Not because I was exhausted, but because I had planned for our morning to be spent watching documentaries I had recorded on Egypt, particularly Mummies and Pyramids. I fell asleep during the second one. It was short lived. We also had ice cream since it is the last day of summer
Runner was back to the dentist today (the real reason we took it easy today). He has one trip left. My friend Marie took us. SW stayed home with Ko-Ko and Indy. The dentist was impressed with how well he did. He really does stay totally calm.

When we got home SW had some chocolate chip pancakes waiting for us for a late lunch. After a clean up and some computer time while I tried in vain to contact the gym about out gymnastics field trip the kids all went outside to play. I napped for real cuz I was so tired. I used to always stay up till four but lately it seems that 2am is my limit.

I woke up for a bit,checked on them and saw that all the kids on the cul de sac were playing with nerf guns and foam swords (for those with out nerf guns). Now this should be a good sight to see the whole neighborhood playing without fighting for several hours. I was a tad annoyed, laid down and hummed and hawed about it. then at supper I told my kids off.

Now you are all wondering WHY?

OK, my kids are not allowed to play with kids from 2 of the households. The bad part for SW is that these are the two households with kids aged 10 - 13. But my problem is that my kids will get along with them for a bit, then they fight, then the other kids through a bunch of racist terms about (including real bad ones like squaw). It isn't pretty. Plus there are usually threats about calling children's services cuz we are poor useless Indians etc. Like I said it isn't pretty. So I said "No More" I don't get why they go back to palying with them. To me it shows a total lack of respect for ones self, family and people. And that upsets me very much. They all want to play again on Thursday (but I think we are expecting thunderstorms). I feel bad cuz they liked playing with everyone but I want my kids to stand up for themselves too. *sigh* I don't know what to do, I think I need the rest of the families insight.

The rest of the day included super, some tv and video games and bed time...all with me thinking about the dilemma of letting my kids play with the racist kids on the street and their two followers, or not. Oh and I made some calls about upcoming birthdays in our house and a plan for Ko-Ko's big turning 10 on 10/10/10. She now wants Halloween cakes. I haven't come up with any good cakes related to her super cool day but would love suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment