Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

RELAXING SATURDAY


Yesterday I hung out in my pajamas on the computer. I didn't get dressed and busy till it was time to make supper and go to work. It was a wonderful day. I don't often have such a day. I might take one more on Monday.

I am thinking of us all having a pajama day on Monday. But not on the computer, maybe a bit, but mostly playing games. we have some good board games, we like playing spoons and also our wii. We bought the wii for rainy day PE, but it is good fun to play other times as well. We have fun on rock band, but it isn't pretty for those listening in. Sunny Not is very good at it though. However one of my children (to remain nameless) loves to be the singer. This child knows the words and that seems to achieve high scores...to the rest of our amazement because this particular child could not sing on key to save their life...but we have fun together.

Back On Track:
It was fun. I visited the BB I most frequent. I emailed, I searched on line for bday gifts for Runner, and checked ratings....good thing to do because the gift he had his heart set on had a 1 star rating across the board. It falls apart amongst other complaints. Every review was pretty much the same. When I read 8 in a row, he understood, he did not want to be disappointed like the kids mentioned in the reviews. We ended up at wii games. One called Endless Ocean Blue World looks great (to both of us!). It is on the list, with a wii wheel.

I got the next week or so of social studies done. I have created a writing assignment in it, that is pretty heavy for S.W. but I think it is time. It involves reading several articles, watching a you tube video, checking the encyclopedia, & then wright his opinion. I am asking for his opinion, at the end after the facts, in a separate paragraph because I want them to have opinions. I am asking the same of the other 2, but less reading and no searching and just less heavy, all though they will be doing searching another time. The Social Studies unit is based on the Kids Bok Of Canada, the Newfoundland pages. The book works west to east, but I am going in order of white contact. I also am heavily supplementing because it only mentions Native people in a "before contact" context. Much of this we cover n our traditional studies, (which includes past and present history and events), but I think it needs more then a blurb saying "so and so lived here before contact". The whole series avoids us, but the other content is accurate and concise so I am supplementing.

I blogged and read blogs galore. Went back to the BB and came across a lap booking link (still have not figured this out). But it linked to a sight full of explanations and examples. And OK, now I get how to go about it. It also suggested how not to go about it. Super Helpful, cuz I would have done some of that. I liked it cuz I saw the 'guts' of a lap book. If there is any other HS mom out there that is sitting there wondering "Am I the only one who doesn't get this?" well here is the link http://simplest.lapbook.ever.com/ I will also have to let S.W. do some of his on the computer, he will want to find pics on the internet and print them. He does not like drawing...At All. I also think I am going to do typing as a after school subject. In that I have a typing program and to earn computer time each week they must spend some of their own time doing typing, I am also going to require20 minutes of their computer time be spent researching a topic of their choice. This is an idea I came up with while emailing back and forth with a friend. So I guess it's kind of like homework :)

So that is all my lazy net surfing and ideas from my pajama Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment