Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

MATH SMART; OH HOW I HATE THEE.

Yep I am using the strong word HATE! (BTW, need suggestions on new math program)
My kids generally like math and do well in it. Last year I used Complete Canadian Curriculum. It worked for us year 1 and part of year 2. Then we moved away from boxed curiculum because it was to much like school at home and I was now confident enough to go it on my own...except I still used the math from CCC. So this year I bought Math Smart. Same company but just the one subject. And oh How I hate it. It has put each child in tears, and taken me a few minutes to figure out what it is they are looking for the child to do. Not because I struggles in math, I didn't. I'm good with math (don't like geometry but that's just one aspect of math). So if the book is un clear to me about what it wants, light on explanation and leaves the child frustrated and sometimes crying over a once liked subject...no good. Need a new math book. And I'd love suggestions. We are more into a math program that does some of this and then some of that rather then a mastery program...unless you change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment