Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

CANOPIC JARS

we have been studying Egypt. Of course the kids are most fascinated by the pyramids and mommies. I am including more then just pyramids and mummies, but including a lot of what they are interested in too. While at it we took a few days to compare pyramids & mummies with other pyramids and mummies around the world. They were of course thrilled with the Native ones. They have learned about Anubis and about some of the funerary practices. They made the four Canopic jars with the heads of the four sons of Horus. Well there is three of them that made jars, so I made one too. Indy just ran around making a mess with the clay, but totally feeling included. we will be doing the mummy chicken that I first read about here on Educating Casia From there I researched it some more, and was totally sold. We start tomorrow. I am so thankful I read about it because it really got my kids into the subject of Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment