Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 3, 2010

READY OR NOT




Ready for school. I have been busy making my kids curriculum for the first week or so of school. I have duo tangs (for worksheets I make). These subjects are: geography, social studies (canada) science (currantly learning periodic table, plus experiments), tracking, Writing , Nature Study, field trip reports. Also notebooks (for subjects where we go from book, to whiteboard to notebook) these are spelling, quotes (both are handwriting too), & rocks and minerals. For Math we have a text book (Math Smart). for cultural studies we don't have a notebook or anything like that, same for learning our traditional language. we have some new books, new printer, pencils, coloured pencils, 3 hole punch, paper, erasers, glue sticks, new games, new novels...Oh I am so excited. I got asked yesterday how come S.W. wasn't going to middle school like Sunny Not did. well first of all I have to deal with Sunny Not's Dad, that's the biggest reason she is not Homeschooled...at least she fits in. But more importantly why would I send him back to the system where he was a D student when he is now an A - B student. Who would do that? No one would even ask such a stupid question if he was getting these improved grades somewhere other then homeschool. I am lucky, I am generally supported in my decision and I know many families are not. Anyway back to my euphoria. I am just so excited to start. And we are not starting til Wednesday. Tuesday is day one but we are spending the day at the "Not Back To School" picnic. *sigh* it seems so far away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment