Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CHRISTMAS CRAFT #4




Patchwork Santa

I got this idea while looking at this. It is a wooden project but I liked the shape, and so was inspired by it and my patchwork trees.

I made cardboard patterns the day I did craft #1. The triangle is both the pattern piece for the trees and these Santas. It is the background (generally red) and the back ( so you need 2). The smallest piece is the face. The colour should be determined by your family (in my opinion). y kids beleive he is Native, becausethey are, and Grandma Clause is, which is how we are related. I think most kids see Santa in their image. The medium sized piece is white, it is his beard and fur of his hat.

Place the white piece ontop of the red. The upper sides should match and the beard should reach the bottom of the red

Net place the face on top of the white so the sides match up. Draw on eyes. eyebrows and nose. I used a permanent marker.

Pin the three layers together. Using a zigzag stitch applique the pieces together. I started with the face to anchor it. Then sew on hat trim.

Place the second triangle ontop of the Santa (right sides together) sew two sides, leaving bottom open. Turn right side out, stuff, sew bottom shut and sew along applique lines, making the piece quilted.

Last hot glue on a pompom. And as simple as that you are done. I also sewed some more birds and trees this evening after the kids went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment