Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

CHRISTMAS CRAFTS #2

Birds


When u first moved out of my parents house - 20 years ago :0 I decorated my first own christmas tree with birds (and other things). I have always since included birds in my decorations. We always had a tree (or shrub in apartment years) that was decorated with suet balls for the beloved birds (and other little creatures).



Then two years ago (just after Xmas) our family decided we should live in the more traditional extended family. This meant some give and take. And last Xmas trying to decide how to decorate our tree we made ALL edible ornaments. I missed my birds.


This year I am making decorations with the kids, on my own, perhaps Aunty S Claus will help. We will also purchase some decorations together. Aunty S and I saw some today I picked up two birds. Then I thought I could make some birds. Not to be insulting Aunty S wondered if they would be as nice. She really was just wondering as she respects my sewing a great deal. And the store birds were very inexpensive. So I said I'll buy these and see what I can make. I googles in "images". Clicked on one I liked and "Ta-da!".


I live it. I got them from this site here. I did mine my machine, on my own but the kids could do this too. It is so lively and simple :). Enjoy!!

My friend who watched this go from google search to bird in under 30 minutes was delightfully surprised an said "I could even do that". Yes, anyone with basic sewing can do this, so go ahead and try. She kindly modeled the birds for me :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment