This one is my idea. Little stars strung together with beads in sets of three.
When I started I was nervous that they were maybe too little. Even a small seam allowance makes a big difference. I said nothing since I didn't want to disappoint Ko-Ko who was happily working alongside of me.
After cutting a bunch of stars (even numbers of each fabric). We placed then in sets wrong sides together. Then we sewed them leaving two sides open. We left two sides open because of how small they are. Then came the job of turning them all right side out. SW pitched in here too. As he and Ko-Ko turned the stars I picked out the points gently with a pin.
At this point I was more concerned. They looked odd, deformed and really, really small. Again I kept it to myself. I wondered if they should be ironed but couldn't see how without burning all my fingers.
Next we stuffed the little stars pushing stuffing into each corner. Finally they looked like stars:) I pinned all the hems as this was Very tricky, there was so little to work with.
Then we arranged them in sets of three. To stitch them up we used the braided stitch we use when sewing moccasins together. Any whip stitch or blanket stitch would work. I wanted to use one Ko-Ko was most familiar with. As we closed each star we attached it to the next with three colored pony beads. We did part if this last night and the rest this afternoon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone