Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

AS TIME GOES BY

Every week since ps schools started here (day after Labour Day). We have taken a 30 min walk to where the Native center has swimming for kids and their families on Fridays. It is time for me with the older kids, no chasing Indy (he goes with my friend or Aunty Claus). It is nice to have this time. When we first saw the trees changing we took a picture. (late sept)




















I took one of the same
tree in mid-October




















and
now also today in early November.



















Our first time to the pool I wrote the blog post "Swimming with The Native Center" There we took pics of ducks on the wetlands right by the place where the pool is. Guess what. The Ducks are still there.

Ducks in September.................................................................. Ducks in November


















Also as time goes by I think of all we have done, what I want to do and then I was stopped in my tracks to think when my printer died. I need to replace it, but until then, what? I make my kids curriculum except math. Well for Canadian history I am good (got 4 of those "Dear Canada" books, we are starting with the one about the Northwest Rebellion and The Metis fight for thier rights). LA can be done in journals etc. Geography may wait a bit.

Then I stopped again when I read a BB suggestion of taking a month to teach Character. (Some school work also I think). Our history novels will work towards this too, manners were so important then. Cultural studies will tie into this well, and right at that time of year when all the shopping, and wanting are happening. Yes we will work on our characters, mine too. I may have a flaw or two I am not thrilled with :)

Also over the next week we (or I) will be working on our 1 year blog post. I am excited thinking about this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment